After you create a business Facebook page, it’s time to enter in your business information. (If you haven’t created your page yet, I have provided step-by-step instructions: How to Create a Facebook Page for your Business.)
Edit Your Business Information:
- Click on “Edit Information” on the top right side of the “Info” tab.
- Enter information about your business in the “Basic Info” and “Detailed Info” sections. The types of information that you can enter will vary depending on which category and sub-category you chose for your page. Click the “Save Changes” button in each section.
- Click the “Done Editing” button at the top when you have finished entering in your information.
- Click the “Write something about…” link on the left side.Then type in some brief information about your business. Clicking outside the box will save the information that you typed.
Create a Profile Picture:
- Put your mouse over the question mark graphic in the top of the left column. A white box will appear. Click on the pencil icon next to the “Change Picture” link. Click on “Upload a Picture” in the menu that appears.
- Click the Browse button and select a graphic or photo image from your computer. Typically, this will be your logo. Make sure that your logo is clear even as a “thumbnail,” since the image will appear at that reduced size throughout the site (for example, on fans’ profiles, and also next to any status updates you post).
Change Your Facebook Page Settings:
- Click on “Edit Page” underneath the question mark graphic on the left.The “Edit Page” screen will load:
- If you want to set restrictions on who can view your page, click on “Edit” underneath “Settings”. Select your restrictions and click the “Save Changes” button.
- If you want to change the default settings for how your page is viewed – or if you want to change the settings for what items fans are able to post to your Wall, click on “Edit” underneath “Wall Settings” and change those settings.
Customize Your Facebook Page Tabs:
You can further customize your page by clicking on the tabs at the top of your page.
- The Wall tab allows you (and optionally, your fans) to share content.
- Your Info tab displays business information.
- On the Photos tab, upload photos of your product, photos from company events, and more.
- Create a discussion board on the “Discussions” tab.
- Post your upcoming events on the “Events” tab.
There are also tabs available for Links, Notes, and Video. In addition, applications built by outside developers can have their own Page tab. View more information on how to customize your Facebook Page’s tabs.
Become a Fan!
Become your page’s first fan by clicking on the “Like” button next to your page name at the top of your page.