Chase and LivingSocial have launched a new grant program called Mission: Small Business℠ that will help support small businesses by offering up to $3 million to small businesses nationwide. In order to qualify, small businesses must submit an application plus essay and receive at least 250 votes, among other requirements. If deemed eligible by the sponsors, grant recipients will be selected by a panel of small business experts. Read the press release here.
Each business is required to answer questions about why their business is unique, outline a proposed plan for utilizing the grant to grow their business and describe how the business is involved with its community. Consumers can get involved by clicking the “Support” button at missionsmallbusiness.com; for each pledge of support, Chase will add five dollars to the grant pool, up to $3 million. Consumers can also get involved by voting for their favorite registered small businesses. The voting period is open from May 7, 2012 through June 30, 2012.
Digital K has applied for this small business grant and we need your vote (voting is now closed). It only takes a minute of your time — and while you’re at it, you can find other small business to vote for too! You can vote for as many businesses as you want; but you can only vote for each business once. Your votes can help support small businesses!
Here’s how you can help:
- Go to http://www.missionsmallbusiness.com/. (Voting is now closed.)
- Click on the blue “Login & Support” button to login through Facebook
- Search for Digital K (leaving the state and city blank)
You can also do a search for Sherwood, Wisconsin to find us.
- Click the blue “Vote” button to vote for Digital K
Your support is greatly appreciated!
If awarded the grant, we plan on doing two things:
- Invest in the training, software, and resources needed to expand our internet marketing services. We want to help other businesses succeed online through their website and social media.
- Create a program that will encourage other businesses to help out small businesses and non-profit organizations by offering free or reduced-cost services. It’s our version of “paying it forward” – for businesses!
You can follow Digital K on Facebook for updates on our progress!
Do you know of another small business applying for this grant? Let us know in the comments below. Let’s help get the word out – and support other small businesses!